Sunday, September 7, 2008

magnesium/circulation... and enzymes.

For the past two nights, I have slept very, very well.
For the past two nights, before going to bed, I have soaked in Epsom Salt.
Epsom salt contains magnesium; and the fastest way to get magnesium is to absorb it through the skin.


When I got out of the bathtub last night, I felt like my circulation was better than it usually is, and so I googled "magnesium and circulation" and came upon this article. "Magnesium ensures the strength and firmness of the bones, and it makes the teeth harder. Adequate intake of magnesium counteracts acidity, poor circulation and glandular disorders."



I wrote this on August 26, somewhere else:
I read an article on enzymes yesterday at whfoods.com. It told me the answers to the questions that I had about enzymes back when I learned about them via those autistic doctor websites. That's how we found out about the protease enzymes that were supposed to help with the gluten-free/casein-free diet, only they were filled with MonoSodium glutamate, so that kind of made them not worthwhile in the end. Even Hank started to realize that MonoSodium glutamate has an interesting affect on him.
On that article on whfoods.com, I learned that enzymes occur naturally in plant food sources. So, having said that, this means that if you believe you cannot properly digest something... Just start eating a lot more *fresh* fruits and vegetables. Eat less of what you believe you cannot digest properly and more fresh things. When you cook or process something, it loses its enzymes. Enzymes are different from vitamins and minerals.
So yesterday I ate almost a whole piece of glutenous bread with something that was extremely spicy.. I also ate a lot of fresh vegetables and coincidentally, today, not only am I not nauseated, my stomach was actually *growling* this morning.
I also found out that if you want to eat fresh hot peppers, mixing them with a combo of milk, cheese, and sour cream is the best way to get the hot pepper down. I have been trying to eat cayanne (sp?) peppers, fresh, with the seeds. I ate a few of the seeds, but they are so..so hot. However, I know just the outside of the pepper contains beta carotene.. if it is red.


I recently learned that all "enzymes" are genetically modified organisms.
Which means that they are quite different from real enzymes that occur naturally in plants.
They say that they're basically the same -- the GMOs and the real thing.

No comments: