Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I dream of black bean soup.

This seems like a good recipe for black bean soup.

I went to the registered dietitian today.
A few months ago, I made a mental note to myself that by the time I finally went to a registered dietitian, I would have the whole eating thing pretty well figured out.

This happened. I did learn how many servings of each food group to eat per day, though. I'm going to try to eat more fresh fruit and nuts than anything else. I know, I've said this before, but I mean it now.
And this weekend, I really think (if nothing else pops up) we may make bread! Well, bread that does not have fruit in it.

I attempted to purchase brown sugar at Walmart, but I ended up buying sugar that is not refined and was only filtered once. But, the best thing about this sugar... it is not made from Genetically Modified Organisms!
I don't know if all of the food that contains GMOs are bad, but I do know that I want to stay away from the ones with high amounts of un-natural MonoSodium Glutamate.

(note to self: include recipes for magnesium(etc)-rich-foods on website...)

No comments: