Wednesday, September 17, 2008

bread and a smoothie, a muscadine addiction.

Using that buckwheat sweet potato bread recipe that I found here, I created a little something different... I put bananas instead of sweet potatoes, and I added walnuts, organic chocolate chips, and some coconut. I also used minneola (it's like Clementines but bigger, better, and seedless) juice instead of orange juice and minneola/clementine zest instead of orange zest.
I also ground up some extra flaxseed and put it in with the flour, so there was a little less than a cup of brown rice flour.

Then, I made a smoothie and I have learned that when it comes to smoothies, less is best.
(The other day I made what was probably a delicious smoothie and then, before trying it, I added 1 TBSP of blackstrap molasses. It made it taste terrible.)
Today, I utilized one banana, one orange, a little leftover minneola juice, and some red grapes.
And the only thing extra I added was ice.

I recently bought some muscadines (purple & golden) from the Pig and I ate almost all of them right before going to bed one night. Then I dreamed of them, thought about them every time I awoke, and basically became addicted to them over night. ;)
Then I did research and I found that they contain this... er, something that helps you live longer. It's in the skin of red grapes, too.

No comments: