Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How many neurons have you killed today?

guar gum is an alternative to xanthan gum. (I must remember this!) Although I do not know if xanthan gum contains any MSG, it is a genetically modified organism, so that makes me suspicious.

I do not eat chinese food anymore because of the high level of sodium in their food. I would definitely over-dose on salt if I ate at such a place. However, I am having no trouble finding my sources of MSG elsewhere. I've also decided that MSG is an addiction, much like gluten and casein. They put MSG in a lot of dairy products, though. The off-brand sour cream contains more than one type of MSG. - I eat sour cream so I can eat a cayenne pepper.

The other night, we had spaghetti and I put this... MSG-filled cheese on my spaghetti in hopes of enticing myself to consume a pepper with my meal. (It really helps me with my sinuses to do this.) However, I could not force myself to do such a thing. So last night, I ate an entire green cayenne pepper with the help of sour cream. And not a large amount of sour cream, just enough so that my mouth was NOT going to be on fire. It makes me lose my appetite when my mouth burns so hotly.
Oh, but because I ate that cheese on my spaghetti and I didn't consume a pepper, my nose had started to run! I knew I wasn't sick per se.. So I knew it was that stupid cheese. I must END MY ADDICTION TO CHEESE/msg. I simply must.

My nose is not running today. I can breathe easy. Thank you, cayenne pepper!

recap: sour cream + cayenne pepper = no burn. at all.
and NO SINUS PROBLEMS FROM EATING DAIRY, as long as it is all balanced out OR you eat more peppers than dairy.


I'm starting to believe that MSG is dehydrating me. I want to find out how much MSG is in one form of MSG. And if higher concentrations of MSG are in like, other types?
I don't really understand it all, this MSG stuff.. I know that MSG occurs naturally in things like tomatoes, but I'm quite positive that the *amount* of MSG in tomatoes versus something like... bbq chips, well, the chips would win hands down.
Would you like to know how many different types of MSG is in Lays bbq chips?
-corn oil (this is genetically modified as well, but it is also a hidden name for msg)
-maltodextrin
-natural flavors
-Monosodium glutamate
-salt
-spice
-corn starch
-yeast

there are actually probably more than that. I think that when Onion Powder and Paprika and things are listed as ingredients, they are probably not *really* made from onions or paprika...

So, these chips mostly consist of MSG.

Oh yeah. I recently made a slight discovery with these... juices, I believe. Okay, there is some Langer's (it has a lime green top and I'm not positive this is the brand name) Pomegrant Cherry juice that has 20% of 4 b-vitamins in one serving size. Then, there is this juice at walmart that is sold under the Northland brand and it has like ten or more different types of vitamins in it, including the b-vitamins. However, the differences in the two juices is clear. I think the b-vitamins that are in the Pom Cherry juice are actually from those two fruits and the vitamins and stuff in the other juice is GMO.
The Langer's juice helps improve my eyesight and it is what made me look up and find out how to improve eyesight. I'm just glad it can be done.

Yesterday or the day before, I found a recipe for buckwheat brown rice banana chocolate chip muffins. I was looking for the same thing again, but I cannot find it. However, I found this: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/11/banana-chocolate-chip-bread.html and I believe that is a very, very good find.
I'm going to make some sort of muffins or bread today.

No comments: