Friday, September 5, 2008

black bean soup & smoothie. (and other ideas)

After reading this, which tells some proportions to use when making smoothies, I decided to make one.
I blended some strawberries, green grapes, 2 bananas, and one thing that is made in Peru and it is orange and it tastes and looks like a large, seedless Clementine. Then I ground 3 tbsp of flaxseeds, because they're supposed to help level out estrogen levels - not raise them (like soy products). I also added 1 tbsp of demerara sugar.
I put maybe 1/2 cup of Almond milk in it. There wasn't much room left in the blender once I had all of the fruit in there. :)
I poured myself a glass before I remembered to put ice in there.

It tastes like a smoothie.

Smoothies ought to be an easy way for me to get all of my fresh fruits in. I need to start thinking about making smoothies for vegetables, too.


Last night, I made that black bean soup for supper. It was very good.. and very very easy to make.

This is what seems to be a good link for reading about the different types of cooking oils.
Both my mom & I are having symptoms that we deem to be similar to fibromyalgia. Upon searching for answers just now, I came upon this which might help.
And I also found this article written by a doctor who tells about how an overdose of MSG and Aspartame can lead to cardiac arrest in athletes...

Which makes me think that both Aspartame and MSG deplete Magnesium.. or something?

This is a study done on rats concerning MSG.
And this is Specific depletion of immunoreactive growth hormone-releasing factor by monosodium glutamate in rat median eminence

No comments: