Wednesday, October 15, 2008

how to make more serotonin!!!!

"Vitamin B6 is required for the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. Therefore, a deficiency of vitamin B6 may result in symptoms of anxiety and depression due to inhibition of serotonin synthesis."


In other news, I just made buckwheat brownies..again, but this time I used 1/4 cup cocoa butter with the safflower oil and I added sunflower seeds and honey.
:)

I wanted to make white chocolate brownies, but I've got to learn how to make white chocolate before such a thing can occur. (ie: i have to find out if the milk one uses to make such a thing HAS to be powdered --- can one powder almond milk?)
And so, then, I accidentally came across things that say that caffeine depletes your body of b-vitamins, and many many other things.

Also, I must try to eat as many b-vitamin-containing foods as possible and see if I have anxiety during that period of time. (I learned today that watermelons have a LOT of b-vitamins and b-vitamins give you energy.) I guess it makes sense that when I'm outside playing in the woods and my body becomes low on energy, my eyes are the first thing that become really... tired. I guess there aren't enough b-vitamins to go around in a body like mine. :)

I harvested all but one of my watermelons today... And it is the main thing, aside from a brownie, that I have eaten today... yet I feel quite good. Good enough to do housework. ;P

No comments: