Saturday, October 11, 2008

asperger's and diet...

The reason why it is important to learn how to prevent shutdowns in myself as well in other people, is because I believe that I became MORE autistic once the shutdown ended and I started to "get better"..

Before the shutdown, I could detect even the slightest hint of sarcasm. I *loved* sarcasm. I was the Queen of Sarcasm.
Nowadays, I only know if someone is being sarcastic if it's like... on Seinfeld.
I really honestly will take sarcastic things literally - in such a way like Amelia Bedelia. Not quite as bad, usually, but I have my moments.

If I had time to thoroughly assess the information in my mind for like, ten minutes, and then I could give some sort of response to the Sarcastic-Situation, I might be able to come up with the "correct" response.

I know this is kind of a repeat entry, from an earlier time..
But I had totally forgotten the initial reason for me being so obsessed with this diet --- This diet, the gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free (as soy free as possible, since Soy Lecithin is kind of equivalent to gluten and MSG, IMHO)/MSG-free diet, is the ONLY THING that has helped me recover from the shutdown. I mean, in a wholesome sort of way. I was coming out of the shutdown, naturally, because it was time. I mean, it had been three years. That's long enough, I think.
But the stupid shutdown side-effects, like poor coordination and a lack of eye contact and UNDERSTANDing eye contact... Those types of side-effects were entirely alleviated by the gfcfsfmsgf diet.
When I was in 7th and/or 8th grade, there was someone in my grade who was obsessed with pointing out the fact that I had trouble moving my arms when I walked. If I had just stopped consuming milk, which I had never liked anyway -- until year 2 of the shutdown, then I began loving it -- then I could have properly walked and then she wouldn't have had anything to make fun of me for.
But, alas..
Milk makes me walk and move in a rigid sort of manner, naturally making it harder to have good coordination.

I started to wonder the other day, while we didn't have the internet, if dairy products cause arthritis or something along those lines. I'm just trying to figure out what it is that is in my diet and my mom's diet that is making us be so consumed with arthritis. I believe I have arthritis in places that seem... quite insane to have arthritis.
I have actually read some contradicting things on arthritis. I read that orange and yellow fruits and vegetables are supposed to help with arthritis..
But then I also read that a 20% acidic food/80% alkaline foods diet is supposed to make all of your arthritis go away -- if the cause of your arthritis is due to too many acidic foods.
Oranges are quite acidic..
I wonder if there is a correlation between gerd and arthritis, due to the acidic foods similarity.
I've been trying to make my GERD go away via only diet. I basically refuse to take prilosec or anything else for it. And, you know what? It HAS improved!
The main thing I'm trying to do is not eat a large quantity of fresh tomatoes before going to bed.. Or if I eat any tomatoes at night (red, that is, the yellow ones are much less acidic), I only eat one slice, to hopefully let my stomach digest it.
I can't tell you how many times I have woken up in the mornings and thrown up from too much anxiety/too much acid/too little food, and there would always be tomatoes. And tomato peeling.

I also need to look up and see if dairy products entice allergies. And how all that works out... I need to look up and find out what a mucogen is and why milk is a mucogen.
Would it be a bad thing even if they did not shoot our cows up with hormones to make them produce more milk faster...? cow steroids.

No comments: