Saturday, August 30, 2008

a celebration. (b vitamins, vitamin A, extraordinaire)

I ate some hush puppies last night at a restaurant that I'm pretty sure have gluten in them. I went from 105lbs to 109.5lbs in one night. It's amazing what that glue does to me.
Anyway, so I read that article about how to improve eye sight, and then I did more in-depth research. This is what I consider to be an "obsession" and I am only able to divulge in such obsessions when I have eaten some delicious gluten.
I read this.
And reached the conclusion that I need a lot more Vitamin A in my diet.
Night blindness, dry eyes, those are both symptoms of Vitamin A deficiency.
1 cup of raw carrots has 686.3% of your DV for Vitamin A according to whfoods.com.

I am so relieved to find out that I can make my eyesight better.. and make dry eyes go away!

Today I also learned that raw peanuts contain a carcinogen in them. So it is clearly not healthy to eat *everything* raw.
1/4 cup of peanuts have 22% of your DV of niacin. Oh, and peanuts are also a very good source of calories. This is good to know, good to know.

No comments: