Thursday, August 14, 2008

hot peppers, magnesium, diet..

I am trying something different.
I ate a bowl of cereal with some soy-lecithin-ish Almond milk and koala crisp cereal. Now I am in the process of consuming a spinach and sunflower seed salad, with a yellow tomato on the side.. I began pondering a hot pepper, because I know they're so good for us..

So, I found this, eventually: http://www.helium.com/items/419382-what-makes-spicy-foods-feel-hot

I am having the hemp seed oil-salad dressing with my salad. So this will be an interesting experience in the morning for my digestive system and also throughout the day -- to see if I have more energy because I got some omega fatty acids. Oh, plus I needed to restore some magnesium levels.

After reading that thing about buckwheat, I want to make buckwheat beer sometime... because even though alcohol depletes magnesium (as does: laxatives, caffeine, throwing up, etc) buckwheat contains a *lot* of magnesium... so doesn't that seem like buckwheat beer would be the ideal beer for someone with Meniere's disease? yes.

I can't wait to see what the bread tastes like. It seems amazing to me that I am getting by pretty well without bread... But it isn't extremely easy. And I do consume it from time to time, so as to not starve. Being hungry is worse than not eating carbohydrates, in whatever form they come in... be in gluten or otherwise.

I still have yet to do research about how much estrogen is in flaxseeds in comparison to soy. I'm quite afraid of what I'll find, because those allergy-free bars that have b-vitamins (which help with cholesterol) and magnesium contain flaxseeds.

No comments: