Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a lack of diet *can* drive you insane

Well, I don't really know where I am on this whole gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free diet at this point. I had been having some strong cravings for cheese and my sister bought some goat cheese from Whole Foods. I started consuming it often and then started having sinus problems again. Not a coincidence. Luckily, my neighbor has goats and they hang out near our road. I was riding my bike past them and caught a whiff of what they smell like. They smell just like their cheese and milk tastes. Now I can't eat it, and I am eternally thankful. It was really messing my sinuses up. I also thought it was making me pee more often, but I believe something else did that.
My eating habits have become so bad, that I am beginning to develop these new health problems... Like, all at once. I believe it is because along with not eating, I was beginning to exercise a whole lot. I lack a lot of the proper enzymes and the right amount of enzymes to do everything that needs to get done in my body (apparently).
I have found it is quite difficult to think straight when you are low on carbohydrates. When you are low on carbohydrates and also quite hungry as well, you are MUCH more likely to pass out in the literal sense. I started seeing stars a few minutes ago and so I drank some V8 Fusion. My only source of carbohydrates right now is fruit and juice. I may fry some corn tortillas up. And last night, I had the STRANGEST craving for food EVER. I was craving corn bread. I wanted to eat like, a LOT of it. I don't even really like corn bread, but obviously I am beginning to fall in love. (I prefer corn bread that is in pancake form, not the kind that is made in an iron skillet. I hate the crust. It tastes terrible, but last night I could picture myself eating the crust and enjoying the hell out of it.)
I went to GNC yesterday and I was very insane, but I purchased: choline, calcium (w/trace minerals), manganese, and papaya enzymes. I got the manganese for TMJ and the choline for TMJ as well. The manganese is working WONDERS for my jaw-clenching problem. However, the calcium could also be helping with that.
I am going to return to GNC tomorrow to purchase some carbohydrates for consumption. :) My body will probably thank me in more ways than one once my carb levels get back up to some normal range.
This weekend, I am hoping to have enough energy to put forth to make sorghum flax seed bread. If I have carbs in my system as well as all these other things, I will definitely have energy.


Last night, I measured my height before I went to bed and I discovered that at some point in time, I grew half an inch. I used to be 5'4 and a half, but I am most definitely 5'5 now. I think I must have grown sometime within the last year or two.
I also re-organized my purse. This may sound insignificant to you, but I was able to figure out how to fit more things in my purse than ever before and I still have room left over. I believe I can attribute this to the diet.

I am terribly excited about the prospect of my body having carbohydrates again. I think that it will be easier for me to "waste energy" (cuz it won't be a waste, it will be a release) on cleaning my room once I have plenty of energy to do everything that I want to do. :)

No comments: